African Natural Bone Salt & Pepper Shakers, White Etch Design on Dark
Handmade by artisans in Kenya using traditional methods passed down through the generations, these batik bone salt and pepper shakers are beautiful and functional. Crafted from ethically-sourced, sanitized animal bone that is hand carved.
Colors vary from black to brown with different etched patterns - expect a variety with your order!
- Handcrafted and designed in beautiful styles, unique details on each piece. Because of the hand-carved and hand-painted beauty of each piece, no two are identical.
- Naturally water and stain resistant
- Hand wash and air dry
- Socially responsible goods that is empowering to consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty. Fair trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Made from ethically sourced animal bones that would have otherwise been discarded.
- Each piece is approximately 3-inches tall.
Story Behind the Art:
The bone is "batiked" which is an age old art process used in Africa. The patterns are applied by placing wax on the white bone and dipping the bone into a dark brown/black dye, resulting in the beautiful African mud cloth designs.